The Accelerated Clinical Excellence (ACE) Program offers students the opportunity to develop skills not taught in the traditional veterinary medical education, supporting them in become leading clinical veterinarians in their field.The program seeks to
- introduce the concepts of Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine to improve a student’s ability to search for information resources that support the best available treatment practices.
- develop superb client communication skills.
- encourage effective collaboration with specialists.
- train students to use the best available information to make clinical decisions about patient care.
- introduce students to the opportunities of specialty practice early in their education.
- prepare interested students for the often competitive clinical specialty internship and residency programs.
- incorporate an introduction to clinical research into the early portion of the curriculum to help students understand the benefits and challenges of clinical research and to enhance opportunities for students to actively participate in clinical research projects.