Cummings School's research and discovery group assists medical device, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical companies in product development. Projects include a broad range of experimental, preclinical and clinical studies.
- A rabbit surgical model to investigate novel compounds to improve long bone fracture healing
- Veterinary clinical trials to assess the use of mesenchymal stem cells in bone healing and other diseases.
- A rodent model to assess fetal neuronal cells for treatment of neurodegenerative disease
- Efficacy of chemotherapeutic agents (novel, or new indications of approved drugs) in clinical veterinary oncology patients
- Endoscopic device testing in large animal models.
- A swine model using fluoroscopy to evaluate hemostatic agents in oncology surgery.
- Sheep surgical model to assess safety and efficacy of lung volume reduction as a treatment for emphysema